Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Game on.

It always amazes me, when I least expect it, a life lesson comes smack dab and hits me on the face.  Tonight it came in the form of a children's audio series called Adventures in Odyssey.  My kids listen to it almost every night and it has great stories and a wonderful lesson at the end.  Most nights I see it as a way to gain a few extra minutes of silence, but tonight was a little different.

I was in the bathroom, scrubbing the sinks, grumbling to myself about the crusted on toothpaste and wondering why it was so hard to spit into it and miss.  As I began to fold the enormous pile of towels plopped on the floor, I listened to a story about a baseball player who let one bad pitch ruin his career.  An athlete who had a lot going for him let a little blip in the radar, throw him off course for good.

You can't let one bad pitch ruin your career.

These past few months we've been thrown a whole lot of bad pitches. A few of them went straight for the gut and I'm taking my base! I am not going to let a few bad pitches ruin my career.  I may not fit the mold but I know that I am good at what I do.  There will be no throwing in the towel or hanging up the cleats.

Game on.


No comments: